Welcome to the DustScan website
DustScan Ltd is an independent environmental consultancy specialising in dust and air quality monitoring and consultancy services. We also provide a range of low-cost dust monitoring equipment, sample analysis and dust forensic services.
- Design and assemble dust monitoring equipment, available for sale or lease
- Install monitoring equipment to clients’ requirements or needs including directional and deposited dust and fine PM10 dust samplers
- Analyse dust samples using bespoke computer-based scanning software and laboratory techniques, providing evidence for dust forensic investigations
- Provide a comprehensive range of dust and air quality consultancy services, including related assessments for planning and development
- Prepare site specific Environmental Impact Assessments, dust management schemes/plans, traffic emission and DMRB assessments, dispersion modelling, odour assessments, stack height assessments and other expert studies
- Undertake workplace dust exposure surveys with reference to COSHH
- Prepare interpretative reports for regulators and others
Details of specific services can be found via the Services tab and a full list of our planning and development air quality consultancy services can be found here.
Our clients are many and varied in their interests and activities. They include both large and small organisations in the following sectors:-
- Oil, gas and power generation
- Construction and demolition
- Mining and quarrying
- Waste management and recycling
- Heavy industry and manufacturing
- Docks, harbours, transport and storage
- Regulators and local and national government authorities
- Consultants and service providers
A list of our current and recent clients can be found via the Clients tab.
DustScan engages in on-going research to develop new monitoring techniques, evaluate dust testing and analytical methods and to explore new approaches to the assessment of dust dispersion, modelling and mapping. In consequence in excess of 10% of our turn over is devoted to R&D and we are particularly interested in new problems and new applications.
More information about the firm is given on the Profile tab.