Welcome to the DustScan website
DustScan Ltd is an independent environmental consultancy specialising in dust monitoring, dust sample analysis, dust consultancy and dust forensic services.
- Design and assemble dust monitoring equipment, available for sale or lease
- Install monitoring equipment to clients’ requirements or needs including directional and deposited dust and fine PM10 dust samplers
- Analyse dust samples using bespoke computer-based scanning software and laboratory techniques, providing appropriate reports for regulators and others
- Prepare Environmental Impact Assessments on dust and air quality
- Write site specific Dust Management Schemes/Plans for planning purposes
- Undertake workplace dust exposure surveys with reference to COSHH
- Prepare interpretative reports and undertake forensic dust investigations.
Details of specific services can be found via the Services tab.
Our clients are many and varied in their interests and activities. They include both large and small organisations in the following sectors:-
- Oil, gas and power generation
- Construction and demolition
- Mining and quarrying
- Waste management and recycling
- Heavy industry and manufacturing
- Docks, harbours, transport and storage
- Regulators and local and national government authorities
- Consultants and service providers
A list of our current and recent clients can be found via the Clients tab.
DustScan engages in on-going research to develop new monitoring techniques, evaluate dust testing and analytical methods and to explore new approaches to the assessment of dust dispersion, modelling and mapping. In consequence in excess of 10% of our turn over is devoted to R&D and we are particularly interested in new problems and new applications.
More information about the firm is given on the Profile tab.