DustScanAQ are experts on dust exposure monitoring and characterising inhalable and respirable dusts (e.g. respirable crystalline silica (RCS)). We also regularly conduct occupational exposure monitoring of many other workplace aerosols including volatile organic compounds (VOC), asbestos fibres, welding and solder fumes, acid fumes, oil mists and gases.
We routinely carry out personal and static area monitoring at:
- Quarries, stonemasons, and aggregate recycling sites (RCS)
- Construction and demolition sites (RCS and asbestos)
- Manufacturing units (wood dust, weld/solder fume, VOC)
- Recycling and waste management sites (dust and bioaerosols)
- Bakeries and patisseries (flour dust)
- Warehouses and distribution centres (dusts, exhaust emissions (DEEE))
- Intensive farming and grain processing facilities (dusts, ammonia)
Unlike other firms, we offer a complete service when it comes to occupational exposure testing. We set up and supervise the sampling ourselves and provide a professional and impartial approach. Whilst making observations of site activities, staff activities and behaviour we also record potential pollutant sources and review any existing control measures. This information helps us make site-specific recommendations in our reports.
For dust exposure and other related assessments, we follow MDHS14/4 guidance where appropriate and use the latest Casella sampling equipment and accredited partner laboratories for specific dust, fibre and VOC analyses.
We calculate 8-hour time-weighted average (TWA) concentrations which we compare against relevant COSHH EH40 workplace exposure limits (WELs) and other exposure limits (e.g. NIOSH/OSHA, CLAW and CAR).
We also employ a variety or other monitors such as those fitted with real-time gas sensors to allow for short-term (15-minute STEL) exposure monitoring.