The firm was established in 2004 as a spin-off company from Leeds University. Since then the business has grown steadily and now employs 10 staff and 1 internal and 1 external consultant. Most are graduates with appropriate professional qualifications in science and engineering including memberships of:-
- Institute of Air Quality Management
- Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment
- Institution of Environmental Sciences
- Institute of Materials, Minerals and Mining
- Institute of Quarrying
Profiles of staff can be found via the Team tab.
DustScan is a member of the Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment (IEMA), of Environmental Protection UK (EPUK) and the Employees Ownership Association (EOA) http://employeeownership.co.uk/. We are also an associate member of the Mineral Products Association.
We have many clients in Britain and Ireland with a wide range of industrial and commercial interests as well as clients in Europe, North and South America, Africa, Asia and Australia. Some of these are noted on our Clients tab.
From the outset we have committed time to research and development undertaking projects for the following:-
- The Royal Commission for the Exhibition of 1851
- The Technology Strategy Board through the Knowledge Partnership Network
- DEFRA through the Mineral Industry Research Organisation
- Finance South East in association with the University of Portsmouth (UoP)
- Knowledge Transfer Partnership with UoP supported by the Natural Environmental Research Council
- Individual clients
Current and future research includes work on dust modelling, dust mapping and chemical impacts of fugitive dust as well as the development of dust monitoring equipment, and commercially available software for dust quantification.